SCOPE OF THIS CHAPTER
This chapter provides summary information on the Priority Families Programme in Derby.
This chapter was reviewed in January 2017 and updated as required to reflect current practice.
- Introduction – What is the Priority Families Programme?
- Who are Priority Families?
- How do I Nominate Priority Families?
- How do I Close or Step-Down Priority Families?
1. Introduction - What is the Priority Families Programme?
The Priority Families programme is a way of targeting help and support to those families who need it most.
Priority Families focuses on the whole family and unites the skills and expertise of all our frontline partners, rather than support one family member in isolation and tackle one problem at a time.
2. Who are Priority Families?
Priority families have complex needs. They are households who have at least two of the following:
- Parents and children involved in crime and anti-social behaviour;
- Children who have not been attending school regularly;
- Children who need help;
- Adults out of work or at risk of financial exclusion or young people at risk of worklessness;
- Families affected by domestic violence or abuse;
- Parents and children with a range of health problems.
3. How do I Nominate Priority Families?
If you are working with a family that meet the criteria above you can access additional support and resources to help your family achieve positive change.
- For this phase of Priority Families identification is through our Internal Vulnerable Children's Meetings using the Initial Screening Form.
Once workers are allocated the case they can submit a Priority Family Nomination form to the team.
If successful, the team will contact the worker offering the following services:
- The Integrated Early Help Framework;
- List of providers and services.
- Intensive Family Support Workers;
- Employment Support.
|Liz Annetts, TFEA Locality 1 & 5, 2 firstname.lastname@example.org||Sharon Holbrook, TFEA Locality 3 & 4, YOS
4. How do I Close or Step-Down Priority Families?
When Priority Families progress to the stage where they can be closed or stepped down to another worker, the following form should be completed:
This will enable the team to track progress and claim for Payment By Results.
If you have any further questions please contact the team.
You will need to email all forms to email@example.com.